Tapered Locking Bushes: A simple device designed to permit easy positioning of pulleys, sprockets and other power transmission hubs and then fasten them securely in place to the shaft. Likewise the removal process is simple, allowing for positional adjustments and periodic maintenance to take place easily.
1. Clean all parts of the bushing and bore of hub thus removing any oil, lacquer or dirt, clean the shaft of any rust or dirt. Install the tapered locking bush in hub and match half holes to make complete holes (each complete hole will be threaded on one side only).
2. Oil the threads and either the end of grub screws. Install screws loosely in holes that are threaded on the hub side.
3. Make sure that the bushing is free in the hub. Slip assembly onto shaft and align in the desired position.
4. Tighten screws evenly and alternately until the part has tightened.
5. Using a hammer and a block, tap the large end of the bushing inwards around its perimeter. Re-tighten screws using the correct torque. Repeat this procedure until the screws no longer turn. A good practice is to fill any remaining holes or cap screw heads with grease to prevent dirt build up.
1. Remove all screws. Oil the threads and either the end of grub screws.
2. Insert screws into the hole(s) that are threaded on the bushing side, for bushes with 2 screws there is 1 removal hole, for bushes with 3 screws there are 2 removal holes.
3. Tighten screws alternately until the bushing is loose in the hub. It may be necessary to tap on the hub to loosen the bushing. Once loose the hub will slide off the shaft. Benefits: Simple installation and removal, cost effective solution. Information: The tapered locking bushing size is defined by 4 digits representing two numbers. The first two digits represent the maximum bore size and the second two digits represent the bushing length. For example, product number 1008 has a max. bore of 1.0 inch and a total length of 0.8 inch
Considering I only ordered it late in the day, my taperlock bush was with me the next morning even though I didn't request this. The quality of it is spot on also.
Elvis O brien, United Kingdom 16/01/2018
I highly recommend Simply Bearings, I rang up for some assistance and they offered me great support and sent me out the correct size taperlock bush!! My job is now completed in speedy time!!! Great work!!! Thank you.